[Udpcast] INSTALL UDPCAST IN A PARTITION

Henrique Rodrigues henrique.rodrigues at ist.utl.pt
Tue Mar 24 13:57:37 CET 2009

On Tue, March 24, 2009 07:09, Silvio Bandeira wrote:
> Can we install an udpcast image, so I can boot udpcast in many machines
> using a local image, instead of booting from CD/PXE ?
> Thanks in advance.
> Please reply to this address, i'm not on the list (I will be if I have to
> :)
> )
> Thanks again.

Hi,

There's an easy way. I use the following GRUB entry to boot UDPcast from
GRUB:

title           UDPcast
root            (hd0,3)
kernel          /memdisk.bin
initrd          /udpflop.img

udpflop.img is a floppy image of UDPcast. memdisk.bin is what I use to
"launch" udpflop.img. I don't remember how I got that file, but you can
just Google for it.

Best regards,
Henrique Rodrigues

--