[Udpcast] Sender's timeout for waiting for receivers

Dmitry Popov dpopov at pharmanet.ru
Mon Apr 21 14:04:53 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

Please confirm my guess (or explain how to implement it).

I need a "sender-timeout", a period of time while sender waits for receivers
to connect, and if none are connected - sender exits without transmission.
The only way to implement this is shell/perl/... script, which starts
udp-sender with --min-receivers option and monitors its stderr. If no
"Starting transfer" is found during specified period of time - it kills
udp-sender process.

Regards,
    Dmitry