[Udpcast] Kernel 2.6.24

Matthias Ehmann matthias.ehmann at uni-bayreuth.de
Sat Apr 19 17:38:02 CEST 2008

Michael D. Setzer II schrieb:

> Just a quick question. When you did the build, were you logged in as root?
> Many of the special files only work with root. I've had some people make the
> mistake of building with an id other than root.

Thanks for your reply.

No this is not the problem. This was not the first kernel I built. ;-)
Kernel 2.6.23 works successful under the same preconditions. But as
already mentioned I had to back port the e1000e driver.

I will have a look at the ISO you mentioned. Could you send the .config
file for the 2.6.25 kernel?