[Udpcast] Re: udpcast-sender.exe on Windows

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu May 25 19:42:16 CEST 2006

On 25 May 2006 at 19:26, Alain Knaff wrote:

Date sent:      	Thu, 25 May 2006 19:26:46 +0200
From:           	Alain Knaff <alain at knaff.lu>
To:             	Dermot Fitzgerald <dfitzgerald at scholarchip.com>
Copies to:      	udpcast at udpcast.linux.lu
Subject:        	[Udpcast] Re: udpcast-sender.exe on Windows

> Dermot Fitzgerald wrote:
> > hi,
> > I've been attempting to set up a sender on Windows (XP, 2003) using a compressed disk image made by g4u.
> > The problem is that the application runs a few seconds then exits.
>
> I tried it here myself (XP), and it works flawlessly...

Didn't get the original message, but I've used
udp-sender --file imagefile
from a linux system to send a compressed image made from g4l.
Actually have an option on g4l to receive the udpcast with the various
compressions, but usually just image one system in the lab with g4l, and
then used udpcast to image the other 19 machines.

What were the full commands used on the sender and reciever sides.
What kind of hubs or switches. Recently had a problem when they changed
the hub in my classroom to a switch, and udpcast would only work with 1
paid of machines. Had to change an setting on the switch to get it to work,
so ended up using cross-over cables to to machines 1 to 1,  and then those
2 to 2 others, until I got all 20 done. Didn't have any access to the switch till
the next work day.

> > No indication is given if there was an error (even if the --Logfile myLogFile option is used).
> > Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Has anyone else had this experience?
>
> Actually, currently --log (note the lower case l, and abscence of file)
> is only taken into account at the sender, not the receiver (although
> both do understand the option). On the sender, it logs various statistics.
>

> > Thanks a lot,
> > Dermot
>
> Regards,
>
> Alain

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC Seti at Home Total Credits 1014885.197410