[Udpcast] Cast-o-matic

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Thu May 25 19:23:06 CEST 2006

Mycah Mattox wrote:
> Hey, I just noticed the new cast-o-matic with the option to add things.
>
> It's a great idea, and I've been trying to use it.  However, I've been
> running into problems.
>
> First, it seems even though I'm telling it I want to preconfigure the boot
> disk menu, the floppy image is still prompting me for every option.  I
> need to send this to an associate whom will not really understand the
> options given, and preconfiguring will be my best bet.

You need to select YES to the very first question "Do you wish to
pre-configure the boot disk menu?"

Without this, all the answers are ignored.

> Another thing, I statically built sfdisk and made a script for it to load
> so I can partition the drive before dumping a partition load, but the
> problem is, it executes the commands after the udp boot disk menu/options
> are run, so if the hard drive isn't partitioned, I have no /dev/hda1
> option yet.
>
> Is there a way to make it so my sfdisk runs before the udpcast menu?
> Before the options are set?
>
> Thanks!

Since today, there is now an additional box "Commands to be executed
before udpcast menu:" into which you can enter commands that are run at
the very beginning.