[Udpcast] corrupted PXE initrd on the website ?

Alex Still alex.ranskis at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:20:33 CEST 2006

> Make sure to include LZMA support into the kernel (patch is on udpcast
> site)

Right, that was the problem.. was fooled by  "file" which didn't know that
format, sorry !

Now,  I've recompiled a kernel with the necessary options to get a serial
console, but I loose output after udpc_dialog starts. So I'm trying to
modify the inittab in initrd to start ash instead and see what's wrong.
Unfortunately I'm failing to build an initrd the kernel will recognize
(unpacked the original, modified it, cpio, lzma e ...)
Seems I need initramfs-tools but in turns this requires a newer udev on
debian stable....

Any easier way ?  I've tried a cramFS image with no luck.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre