[Udpcast] Lots of Timeouts using udpcast

Benjamin Moore bmoore at tacticallanguage.com
Mon Feb 27 06:36:06 CET 2006

Quoting "Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>:

> Two quick additions. You want to check the duplex status. I think if you are
> using a switch, it should be set to full, and I think the default is half.

I thought it defaulted to full... I'll poke around.  It looks like there's a
problem with my images. :-(  I'm getting the dreaded BSOD when I
restart saying
there's a problem with the hard drive...  grrr.

> Second, I looked at Erasor, and it seems to be a security erasor, and did see
> from the page I looked at what pattern is left when it finishes. blank6 makes
> the space all null. If the pattern is a single byte, it should
> probable compress
> about the same, but it wirtes random patterns on the last run, it could make
> things worst.

It's actually configurable.  I had it write all zeros instead of random data.
:-)

Thanks for the help,

Ben