[Udpcast] Problems with udpcast 20051223

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Wed Feb 8 01:50:13 CET 2006

First off I had a compile error:
console.c:36: parse error before `*'

console_t needs to be defined at the start of prepareConsole.  Easy fixed.

The real problem I am having is that multicast won't work with more than
one client.  When I run with only one client it runs OK.  If I have more
than one the sender prints out
Timeout notAnswered=[1] notReady=[1] nrAns=1 nrRead=1 nrPart=2 avg=9198
Timeout notAnswered=[1] notReady=[1] nrAns=1 nrRead=1 nrPart=2 avg=9198
Timeout notAnswered=[1] notReady=[1] nrAns=1 nrRead=1 nrPart=2 avg=9198

and none of the clients work.

I have also tested netcast (http://sourceforge.net/projects/netcast)
which works with multiple clients so I don't think it is a multicast
issue.  netcast does not have many features so I would like to use udpcast.

I have also got the message
Unexpected opcode 0700
and
Unexpected opcode 0200
a few times so I wonder if that is related to my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John.

--
John Newbigin