[Udpcast] Default MASK...

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Sun Mar 27 22:15:03 CEST 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 11:59, Stephane Boireau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know why, but I get more success in clonig using a class C mask
> (255.255.255.0) than using a class B mask (255.255.0.0).
> I would like to change the default mask to a class C one, but
> the /bin/udpc_dialog isn't a text file.
>
> Is it possible to change the default mask?
>
> How should I do it?
>
> Thank you very much.

You can make a configuration file named udpcfg.txt and place it on the
boot floppy (or include it via makeImage --savefile ... if you use
other boot media).

The netmask may be set using the netmask parameter in that config
file.

More details (other parameters...) at
http://udpcast.linux.lu/bootloader.html#configFile

However, usually netmask shouldn't have any incidence on performance
(as long as all network participants agree on the same netmask,
obviously...)