[Udpcast] Timing problem with starting PXE boot and udp-sender

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Fri Apr 30 15:55:22 CEST 2004

We had tried starting in both ways: server/sender first
and client/receiver first.

Anyway, the ' --rexmit-hello-interval 3000 '
option did fix our problem.  We are using full-duplex
and everything is running fine with other defaults.

It was never consistantly ignoring any client, so it was hard
to know exactly why the packet wasn't heard.  What we
observe with the rexmit-hello-interval is that out of a pool of 15
clients, it can take a few "phone calls" to reach the
other end.  In the last session I witnessed today, out
of 15, only 6 initially connected as "Ready", and
then another 2, then another 3, and so on until we had
a full allotment.  Combining this with min-clients switch
worked well to automate the launch reliably.

Thanks for the quick solution...

--Donald Teed