Trouble with tftpd and dhcp and broadcom ethernet client

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Tue Apr 13 18:22:50 CEST 2004

OK, I've run a test with the equivalent of ghost for unix
(but with Knoppix), which does a dd of /dev/hda , piped
to gzip and ftped to another machine.  It restores with the
opposite.

The restored image boots and F11 works fine with this type of
disk imaging.

Here is what I did:

1. uploaddisk to FTP server
2. zero the drive on the notebook with dd if=/dev/zero from Knoppix
3. slurpdisk from FTP to restore to the zeroed drive

So it looks like the problem is specific to using udpcast or something
else associated with that method (the kernel, etc.).

I'm going to do another test with udpcast and the same physical disk
to see if there is something related to the same disk being used
which is already known to have F11 working.

--Donald Teed